As a supplement to last week’s post, I put together a photo gallery of what a minimalist’s wardrobe looks like.
So without further ado, I present my minimalist wardrobe.
A few points to consider:
- My present wardrobe is more minimalist than lagom. I’m currently on the search for some missing pieces.
- This isn’t my complete wardrobe. Unfortunately, my model – let’s call her Sally – doesn’t have any legs. So I didn’t take any photos with my one pair of jeans and the top I wear with them. I also didn’t photograph a simple black dress I own that I may be donating soon.
- The above doesn’t (obviously) include my swimsuit, pajamas, undergarments and hosiery. I have two t-shirts, a pair of yoga pants and a pair of leggings that I use as my pajamas. My exercise routine doesn’t necessitate the use of “special” clothing. If I decide to try something new, I could use my t-shirt and yoga pants as my workout clothes.
- My footwear is also in transition. Sadly, my Hunter rain boots are leaking. I haven’t determined if they’re fixable or if I need to replace them. If I buy a new pair, it’s unlikely that I’ll purchase the brand again as they’re expensive . . . and I’m not a hunter. I also own a pair of Converse sneakers, sandals and flip flops. Now you’re in the know.
- I realized after taking the photo of my jewellery, that I only bought the green bracelet and sunglasses. Everything else was a gift or belonged to my mom.
- I’m not a big fan of belts. Imagine the additional looks you could create if you are!
- The above dresses are normally worn with gray or black tights in colder weather.
Special thanks: To my sister, aka Lizzie Lizard, for providing the use of the props. Living with a non-minimalist does offer some perks – such as a life-size model. And thanks to Sally for being (mostly) easy to work with.
Update: I’ve decided to deactivate my Pinterest acccount, as I prefer Instagram. I’ll try to write a blog posting at least once a year with wardrobe updates, as well as adding photos of new items to Instagram.